Our Case Studies
As- built Scan to BIM Model
Project Name: As- built Scan to BIM Model
Nature of the project and Software used: Scan to BIM Project, software used Revit 2014
Area: 3400 sq. fts
Resources Utilized: 1 Revit Modeler
Leadership: 1 Project Manager
Project Description: Scope of work for this project was to develop As-built model for the mechanical plant using the scans provided by the client.
Building Details: Mechanical Plant
Inputs provided by client: Scans of the plant
- Import the Scan file into Revit and set the co-ordinates as required by the client.
- Once the scans are imported then model the elements listed in the deliverables scope of work.
- Model was timely submitted so as to keep a check on the project progress. Some of the elements which were completely not visible in the scans were develop using the photographs provided by the client.
- External Walls
- Internal Walls
- Columns, Beams, Bracing and Grids
- External Doors and Windows
- Internal Doors and Windows
- Stairs, Steps and Ramps
- MEP Features included Fixtures, Furnishings and Sanitary Equipment and Electrical
Quality of Scans (cloud scan to BIM projects): Quality of the scans provide was mediocre to work with. Some of items such as pipes, connectors and railing were not clearly visible in the scans.