Revit 2015 is the improved version of Revit 2014, which successfully includes a variety of new features and improvements in the old ones, which makes it highly user friendly. Autodesk made gradual improvements in Revit’s features since it first came into picture and most of those enhancements are based on users’ requirements and suggestions. Revit has a worldwide presence when it comes to Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry and its users keep on multiplying each year depending upon the convenience provided by it to them.
The latest version of this building design software which is Revit 2015 includes some of the amazing features and drastic improvements in the already prevailing features. What I am going to discuss in this blog are the improvements made in scheduling.
Explanation of scheduling and usability improvements in Revit 2015
- Construction schedules which are developed by users in Revit with support of digital models are highly important when it comes to the management and display of building information in these models.
- When it comes to quality control of construction projects schedules work as powerful tools for building professionals.
- For further leveraging this task, Revit has come up with six new parameters in context of scheduling which can contribute greatly towards project productivity.
- Parameters like ‘Type parameter’ and ‘Instance parameter’ are highly useful when it comes to swiftly importing images in Revit.
- These parameters are either applicable on system families (like ceilings and walls etc.), or on loadable families which includes things like light fixtures.
- If required these parameters can be successfully altered in schedules and if incorporated on a sheet they are viewed as an image graphic.
- The potential new parameters include: (1) Wall Top Constraint & Top Offset, (2) Wall Base Constraint & Base Offset, and (3) Unconnected Height etc.
- If these items are scheduled by Revit users, they can successfully identify the heights of the walls and can also determine the levels to which walls are associated and all this can be swiftly fixed in schedules.
All these improvements in scheduling make Revit 2015 highly attractive software for building design.