MEP Modeling & MEP BIM Coordination for 51 Moorgate, UK
MEP Modeling Services and MEP BIM Coordination for Corporate Building
The objective of this project was to perform MEP BIM Modeling & MEP BIM Coordination with respect to Architectural, Structural, and MEP services along with shop drawings as per uniclass codes for fully-refurbished and sustainable Grade A offices in the city of London as per Design drawings.
The client is a general contractor based in London and has been executing several prestigious projects in UK.
This project consisted of BIM Modeling and BIM Coordination for an office building having 7 floors, roof, lower ground floor, ground floor, and basement. We had created a 3D Revit model for the building keeping in mind energy conservation and sustainability throughout its lifecycle. The building office area was 25000 square feet. Modeling was done taking the design drawings into consideration. The client had provided us with Navisworks files in order to aid coordination.
The client had provided us with markups, Architecture and Structure model along with the Navisworks file that included: –
- General arrangement plan
- Lighting control layout
- Reflected ceiling plan
- Electrical containment markups
- Fan coil unit and DX tray setting out details
- Fan coil unit and Ductwork setting out details
Project Completion Year
3D Revit Model floor wise with coordination, Shop Drawing and Uniclass coding. Following are the MEP Services executed by Tesla:
- Ductwork setting out details
- Dx tray setting out details
- Electrical containment details
- Lighting and fire alarms
- Combined services
- The project was completed and delivered successfully despite of the various challenges faced while working on the project. The project required high detailed and concentrated model for which we had experts to work on.
- This project had major coordination issues for risers, route updation, meeting the level of accuracy and proper understanding of the input. Also working on coordination of all phases of this level was a challenging task however it was well executed by Tesla team.
- Giving asset numeric identifier to each and every element without any duplication of the element while doing coordination.
- Coordinating all the services in the ceiling void of 800mm comprising of structural frames including voids.
- Created all the parametric families in plant room with the given improper CAD duct Navis Model was challenging.
- We were given the updated plans in pdf for lighting fixtures and fire alarms because of which we had to remodel everything in the .RCP file again.
- For drainage, we were not given the pdf files so we had to trace according to the Navis files.