MEP Coordination and MEP Shop Drawings for 5 Star Resort, Caribbean
MEP Coordination and MEP Shop Drawings of a Luxury Resort
The objective of the project was to create 2D MEP Coordination and Shop Drawings for buildings for a prestigious 5 start resort in the Caribbean. The client had provided us with the 2D design drawings for Architecture, Structure and MEP. The catch here was that the Builder’s Work Drawings were already created and the coordination had to be done to suite the Builder’s Work.
The project was carried out for a Dominica based Construction company which had secured a contract for the construction of a 5 star Luxury Resort in the Caribbean. The resort is a well-known name globally with its presence in the Luxurious Hospitality industry across several global locations.
We had to create 2D MEP Coordination and Shop Drawings from the 2D design drawings for Architecture, Structure and MEP that were provided while also coordinating with the Builder’s work provided. The coordination included:
- HVAC: Ducting, Ventilation Mechanical equipment (VRV, HRU, FCU etc.)
- Plumbing : Mechanical piping, Plumbing, Drainage, Fire protection and other required components
- Electrical: lighting fixtures, fire alarm, lighting protection etc.
The entire project consisted of 160 rooms and suites spread across 15 buildings:
- Drinking bar
- Entry gatehouse 01 & 02
- Kids club
- Main building
- Pool & beach club
- Presidential suite
- Tennis pavilion
Project Completion Year
2D MEP Coordinated Shop Drawings
- Missing information in the design drawings provided by the client was the biggest challenge of this project. As a result, we had to raise several RFIs to obtain the information.
- The response time to the RFIs raised was very slow. We had to switch the work from one Apartment to another in absence of the response for the RFIs.
- Builder’s Work Drawings were created before the coordination and hence, the coordination had to be done to suite the Builder’s work.
- Delivering the entire project in two months was a big challenge given the volume of work, need for additional information, and the slow response time to our RFIs from the client.