Whenever a file is linked in Revit, it’s mandatory for Revit technicians to select a relevant file positioning option so that they can easily identify the information contained in the file. Revit has a few file positioning options which are selected by users so that the geometrical information contained in the file can be effectively used by modelers as per their convenience.
Whenever point cloud modeling services are executed, selection of relevant file positioning option remains crucial so that the as-built geometry is utilized to its fullest possible extent by modelers while developing Building Information Models.
Following file positioning options are available for users when they link a file in Revit project:
- Auto – Center to Center: If ‘Auto-center to center’ option is selected by modelers while linking a point cloud file, then the central point of point cloud bounding box is automatically placed at the centre of host model’s bounding box.
- In most of the cases when model remains invisible then it’s sure that Revit users are not going to find the center point in the current view.
- To view the center point in the current view Revit technicians are required to establish zoom to Zoom View to Fit.
- Auto – Origin to Origin: If this particular file positioning option is selected by Revit users then the world origin of point cloud is automatically placed by Revit at the project origin.
- In this case if Project North is rotated then the point cloud will be automatically rotated Revit for synchronizing the linked geometry.
- Auto – Origin to Last Placed: If this option is chosen by modelers then the newly imported point cloud is placed right next to the point cloud imported earlier.
- Auto – By Shared Coordinates: However, if Auto – By Shared Coordinates option is selected by users then it indicates that the coordinates in the linked file are effectively specified in the shared coordinate system of the host model.
- Due to this Revit places point cloud origin at the origin of the shared coordinates.
Tesla Outsourcing Services is an Architectural and Engineering Outsourcing Company providing CAD Services, Engineering and E-building Design Solutions (BIM Services) to clients across the globe.