Coordination review can be regarded as a highly substantial part of design development as it leads to the acceptance and rejection of design changes. Coordination review is a considerably inherent part of interdisciplinary coordination process as it deals with the changes that are made to the monitored elements of both linked and host models. Coordination review literally provides accurate information about the changes made to monitored elements such if elements are moved, deleted, or changed warnings are displayed for intimating users.
During coordination review Revit users must take appropriate or suitable actions for dealing with the warnings which are displayed once changes are made to monitored elements. Warnings can be displayed if alterations are made to monitored elements of host as well as linked models. Warnings can also be displayed if monitored elements belonging to linked files and host model are deleted by users.
Important actions that are taken for addressing warnings
- Revit users can select ‘Accept the difference’ action under Action column if the change made to a certain element in the host and linked model is beneficial or productive which leads to design improvements.
- Implementation of ‘Accept the difference’ action suggests that the change implemented on the monitored elements was utterly correct and it must be recognized in the design for improving its accuracy.
- Revit users should select ‘Reject’ action under Action column if they believe that change implemented in a monitored element is absolutely incorrect and it should not be made a part of the design.
- That means with the application of Reject action, Revit users can undo the changes that have been made by them earlier in the monitored elements. So it becomes clear that changes made to the monitored elements are rejected on the conditions if they are incorrect or if they are not at all fruitful.
- Revit users should select ‘Postpone’ action if in case they are not sure about the impact of the change or else if they do not want to deal with the change as of now.
- But this doesn’t mean that, this particular warning related to change implemented in monitored element will never be addressed. Postpone action simply indicates that the issue will be handled after some time.
In this way warnings are dealt effectively by Revit users by taking relevant actions.
Tesla Outsourcing Services is an Architectural and Engineering Outsourcing Company providing CAD Services, Engineering and E-building Design Solutions (BIM Services) to clients across the globe.