It’s an important blog for Revit users who sometimes face difficulty in exporting Revit files to Navisworks. This issue is largely faced by users while exporting large Revit files. To solve this problem Revit users are required to clean up Revit files before exporting them to Navisworks.
The cleaning up process
- Revit users need to create a new view specifically for Navisworks. After that go the visibility overrides of the view, and close all the unnecessary things such as Lines along with other specific details that you will not be using while working on Navisworks. In other words things which are not important for in clash detection process or timeline simulations should be switched off by going in the visibility override of the view.
- After creating the view you should save it as a template that can be used in future.
- Then when you want to export this view to Navisworks, go to export and select ‘current view’ from the settings.
- In the next step, you need to go to your Navisworks export settings and figure out if there is anything that is not required by you. It could be anything such as URL’s and linked files etc.
- In case you have linked files, how important are those files? It is suggested to keep only necessary files since too many files can slow down your speed or can even stop you from exporting Revit files.
- Revit users can optimize the ‘Purge Unused’ button for deleting unwanted files. Purge Unused button is located in the Manage tab of Revit software.
- Revit users can delete unnecessary families or unwanted family types by using Purge Unused button.
If these steps are properly followed by you it is seriously going to help you. But even after following the entire process, you are still stuck with the same problem then pay attention to few more instructions. Some times what happens is, if in case user have been using the system entire day while working on their project it can also create such problems. So for that, you need to properly save you project and then restart Revit again. Then reopen the same file with which you were having problem and try to export it again. I am sure you would not face that problem again!