Revit Architecture is a highly indispensable Revit discipline which is introduced by Autodesk (an American software manufacturing company) for the assistance and empowerment of architects and other potential building stakeholders, when it comes to the creation of immensely innovative architectural design. Exceptionally magnificent and productive architectural modeling tools are incorporated in Revit Architecture which largely escalates the productivity of BIM modelers and results into fast development of architectural models.
Role of Revit Architecture in architectural modeling
- The most important thing about Revit Architecture is that it reinforces design coordination among team members which is essential for developing accurate 3D models.
- In Revit Architecture design and construction professionals can easily link IFC files, which are very important when it comes to optimizing information for the development of architectural model.
- For linking these files AEC professionals can utilize Link IFC tool.
- For enhancing collaboration among team mates, Revit Architecture’s worksharing feature is truly important.
- When it comes to enhancing the productivity of architectural design team in the digital environment of Revit, its worksharing feature plays an exceptionally important role.
- Works sharing facilitates the utilization of central model for design development, wherein the changes made by the team members are effectively saved.
- Since all the design changes are appropriately saved in the central file, it can also be utilized by design and construction professionals to update them regarding architectural design.
- In short this Revit feature is truly important for improving the quality of architectural design.
- Revit server also plays an indispensable role during the design development process, when it comes to the collaboration of project teams which are located in distinct locations in shared architectural model.
- In Revit Architecture, design and construction professionals can use building elements for conducting energy analysis.
- That means energy analytical model can be successfully created by Revit modelers with the assistance of building elements which are incorporated in normal architectural model.
- The results of energy analysis conducted in Revit Architecture can be utilized by architects and modelers for improving design quality in terms of its energy consumption.
So when it comes to the ultimate construction of the building highly refined architectural design is used by architects.
Bhagwati Pathak is an Executive Director at Tesla Outsourcing Services. Technical Project Management, BIM, Client Management, and Leadership are her forte. With an expertise in BIM and a flair for writing, her articles provide a direction to contractors, sub-contractors, engineers, and architects in employing the right methodology for an Architectural, Structural, or MEP CAD / BIM project.